The Botox injection (Type A) is a purified protein injected into some facial expression lines to reduce their intensity temporarily. Various facial features can also be enhanced for individuals of any age group using this product. Moreover, it is an excellent remedy for chronic migraines as well as excessive sweating. Thus, opposed to popular belief Botox is not just an aesthetic procedure, it has many other treatment purposes as well.
Botox can be used for the following purposes:
- Treating Frown lines and others like Horizontal forehead lines
- For Brie lift
- Treating lateral orbital lines (crow’s feet)
- Improving Lower eyelid lines
- Treating Perioral lines (smokers’ lines)
- Downturned mouth
- Dimpled chin
- Nasal lines (bunny)
- Platysma bands (turkey-neck)
- Horizontal lines (necklace)
- Square jaw
- Jawline lifting
- Reduce excessive sweating over palms, feet, and underarms
Botox Indications and Healing
- Erase Facial Lines & Wrinkles
- Lift Corners of the Mouth
- Reduce the appearance of a Gummy Smile
- Correct facial asymmetry
- Jaw Contouring
- Erasing Neck Bands
- Nose & Chin Enhancement
- Treating Hyperhidrosis (Excess Sweating)
How Botox works
By administering the wrinkle-eraser Botox (Botulinum Toxin Type A) in shallow doses directly into the muscles that cause wrinkles, the wrinkle-eraser Botox (Botulinum Toxin Type A) works in many different ways. As the chemical responsible for causing these muscles to contract is blocked, the muscles are allowed to relax, thus improving skin appearance. The process itself maps the following –
Simple, 10-minute treatments are used to administer the treatment dose.
- Minimal pain: Before the treatment begins, a topical anaesthetic is applied to the area being treated to reduce any discomfort
- Non-surgical: Tiny amounts of the injection are transmitted into the muscles that produce wrinkles and lines to improve them.
- No downtime: This short treatment is sometimes referred to as a ‘lunchtime procedure,’ and there is no recovery time involved
- Minimal discomfort: You may use a cold pack or anaesthetic cream before injection to numb the area before injecting, but anaesthesia is unnecessary. The injection can result in localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bruising.
How long does Botox Last?
As soon as 7 days have passed from your procedure, you will be able to see the positive effects since Botox takes time to act. You will see the results lasting between 4-and 6 months.
The body naturally changes as we age, and part of that process includes developing new wrinkles and lowering our cheekbones. If you are unhappy with these signs of ageing, you can reduce them with dermal fillers. We use FDA-approved fillers made of cross-linked hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body, to soften fine lines and wrinkles and restore youthful volume and contour to the face.
In this very popular procedure, the face is rejuvenated entirely with little to no downtime and minimal surgery. The purpose of dermal fillers in facial aesthetics is to provide volume, reduce wrinkles, and smooth areas where wrinkles and folds have developed due to ageing or scarring. The most popular dermal fillers are those containing Hyaluronic Acid (HA). A natural component of the human body, hyaluronic acid is found in various body tissues.
The stimulation of collagen production allows the skin to plump up. Your body’s production of hyaluronic acid and collagen throughout your life declines. Sagging and wrinkled skin appear more noticeable because of this. HA is one of the key ingredients in today’s fillers, which come in varying concentrations to give injection gels of different thicknesses. Injections in other locations and depths target specific problems. Since the 1950s, HA fillers have been widely used worldwide with outstanding results and complete safety.
Indications for Dermal Fillers
- Plump Lips
- Restore Facial Volume (Liquid Face Lift)
- Fill moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles
- Correct facial asymmetry (Non-Surgical Nose Job, Chin Augmentation)
A precise gel injection is injected under your skin to perform the treatment. It’s usually completed during lunch, which means it’s known as a ‘lunchtime procedure’. A special anaesthetic agent is embedded in our advanced HA fillers, reducing the pain during the procedure.
A topical numbing gel is used to soothe the client’s skin before treatment for additional comfort. An injection site may show slight bruising, but it will subside within a day. For the most part, the procedure is comfortable for our clients during and after treatment. Once the procedure is completed, you can see the effects immediately afterwards.
Dermal fillers have the advantage of dissolving within 24 hours of being injected with an antidote, which makes the products safe for use. It offers you the option to revert the therapy if you are not satisfied with the results. Dermal fillers have the great advantage of producing lasting effects, but they are not permanent. Their effects last anytime between six months and 24 months.
You will know how long your results will last depending on what you do:
- The area you have had treated
- Quality of skin
- Quantity and type of filler used
- Lifestyle (smoking, heavy exercise can reduce longevity)
Botox can be given along with collagen injections: Both are typically interwoven to enhance a person’s appearance. By restoring volume and hydration to the skin, Botox works to relax muscles.
Learn With IICAN –
We train many medical professionals each year, guiding them through laser therapy, chemical peels, Botox and Dermal Fillers injectable training.
With our reputation, you can be sure to get the skills you need to begin an aesthetics business or start a profitable side-career. Primarily, you are taught the basics before advancing and using more in-depth techniques. For example, maybe we will teach you how to inject a patient safely before diving into treating a gummy smile.